Celebrity talents Dionne Bromfield, Kimberly Wyatt and band Cover Drive, have joined forces with Simple, the UK’s No. 1 Facial Skincare brand!!
…from fire eaters to public speakers, singers to swimmers and poets to comedians…
Contenders simply need to video their own talent and share it on the Simple Spotlight on Talent Facebook app at www.facebook.com/simpleskincare. Simple Facebook fans will be invited to vote for their favourites, then the top nine highest-voted entries, plus a ‘wild card’ entrant chosen by a team of professional judges, will make it through to the final.
The winner’s prize also includes a year’s supply of Simple Spotless Skin products and runner’s up prizes include video cameras. Closing date for entries is 23.59, Saturday 6 October 2012.
For more information visit: www.simple.co.uk/spotlightontalent.
At the age of sixteen Lesley Hornby became the first ever internationally known supermodel; of course, we know her as Twiggy Lawson. In the mid sixties Twiggy’s signature thin frame, gigantic, painted eyes and pouted lips dominated fashion magazines and became an icon of mod fashion; even today, she is still classed as the face of the sixties.
Recreate the look:
- To begin apply concealer and powder where needed to create a pale, flawless canvas. Tip: Lightly brush some powder underneath your eyes as this will make it easier to brush away any stray eyeshadow.
- Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil or a powder. This should preferably be two or three shades light than your brow. Try to keep within the brows themselves; if needed you can go below the brow but not above.
- Apply a highlight colour of eyeshadow just underneath your eyebrows. This will enlarge the eye area, adding volume and add to the desired effect. You can also lightly brush a pearly white or light neutral shade of shadow over your eyelid to reduce darkness. Also highlight the inside corner of each eye with a white powder to enhance and enlarge the eyes.
- With a pointed sponge applicator, or small eyeliner, apply a dark brown or black shadow just above the natural crease of your eyes. Tip: powder works best. Be sure to smudge the line so it is not solid.
- This is the tricky part; to create Twiggy’s signature spidery eyes you will need a trusted liquid eyeliner. Tip: You may want a damp Q-tip at hand to quickly erase any mistakes.
- Start at the outer edge of your eye and gradually thin the line out as you come to the corner of your eye. Make sure to keep as close to your lash line as possible. Extend the eyeliner out on both sides to form ‘wings’ that should meet the eyeshadow crease line.
- For the lashes, you can either apply a set of false lashes, or brush on coat after coat of a good lengthening mascara. Tip: Try blinking on a tissue between coats to avoid clumping. The false lashes should be long and thick, and follow the information on the back of the packet to apply them correctly depending on what brand. Tip: Tweezers can help to hold the lashes in place or press them to your eye to avoid a mess with the glue. Make sure to place them as close as you can to your natural lash line.
- Twiggy paints on her lower lashes to exaggerate and dramatize her eyes. To create the authentic look you should paint them on with liquid eyeliner. You can use false eyelashes or mascara instead if you would like a more subtle look. Start from the outer edge, evenly spacing about eight dots close to your eye (the first should be underneath the ‘wing’ at your outer edge). Using the dots as your guide, start each line from these points, making it thicker at the top and thinning out at the end. A thin pointed liner will work best.
- For the finishing touches you can brush on a light coat of mascara to blend in your natural lashes with the false ones if needed. A light peach coloured blusher, and a pearl pale shade can be applied to your lips.
Share your looks!!
1988, 2012 trend, bank fashion, boohoo, brief, chic wish, deluxe, endless, H&M, hot pants, knicker, Miss Selfridge, net-a-porter, New Look, pull&bear, Republic, Rihanna, River Island, sheinside, short, short shorts, Soul Cal, spikes, Top Shop, wet seal
Let’s keep it brief; this is literally the way we’re wearing shorts this season. The hot pant is back, and now it’s shorter than ever!
Here’s a few outfits I’ve put together to help you pull off this trend;
Our hot pant inspiration: RiRi
Photos from: denimology, stylebistro and igossip
© 2012 Paint It Lace All Rights Reserved
best dressed, Ed Sheeran, Festival Guide, Festival Season, Festival Wardrobe, girl's guide, keith lemon, Kelly Brook, noal gallagher, olly murs, one direction, rita ora, rizzle kicks, Survival Guide, tulisa, v festival
So, V Festival kicked off Saturday with performances from Rizzle Kicks, Labrinth, Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora, Tulisa, Noal Gallagher and many, many more. Despite the heavy showers the par-tay continued, and watching it on the television looked like a good ‘un! The Festival had appearances from One Directions heart-throbs, Keith Lemon and Kelly Brook.
I’ll be bringing you the best and worst dressed from the festival very soon! If you have any nominees just drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you’re all having a great summer! Hannah-Mae ox
Picture from: bbc.co.uk
So I’m back from my long needed break, and can say I had an absolutely fab time away to the beautiful coasts of Cornwall. Boy, did I pick the right week to go away? – hot, hot, hot! And I’ve got some anything-but-attractive tan lines to prove it.
I relaxed on the beach in St Ives, shopped in the streets of Penzance, and went on beautiful boat trips in Falmouth. I visited the world famous open-air theatre, The Minack, was invited to a dinner party by an old fisherman full of character, and climbed the hundreds of stairs at Tintagel Castle.
However, it has to be said, there is nothing better than your own bed (:
So I’m off on a nice, relaxing, and well deserved holiday this week to the beautiful coasts of Cornwall. Despite living in this country for a very close nineteen years, it’ll be my first time! I’m hoping for some great sights, relaxing beaches and great summer nights- and not to forget the gorgeous surfers that I’ll be keeping a very close eye on ;) And to top it all off, the sun has finally come out to say hello!! Keep your fingers crossed that it’ll be here to stay! Us English girlies deserve to build up our tans, and show off our beach bods that we’ve been working ever so hard on.
I’ll be away for a week or two, and promise to make up for my absence as soon as I arrive back! Hold me to that ;)
So, to get England into the Summer feeling, here are a few of my favourite spring/summer 2012 campaigns that just radiate sunshine:
See you all very soon, Hannah-Mae ox