So, I planned this post a few days ago when, believe it or not, the weather in England was at its third warmest, despite it being the beginning of April, to make a list of 2012’s summer essentials. However, after just being caught in the plummeting rain and hail (mascara down my cheeks and hair clinging to my face isn’t the best of my looks) my summer excitement and hope has been washed away 😥 But that’s no reason for us not to still head out to the shops and get prepared!
1) There’s no worse a fashion faux-pas than lobster-red skin to go with that perfect swim suit and accessories. As recommended by Teen Vogue, La Roche Posay sunblock should do the trick!
2) The straw hat is making a come back! Fashionable and practical; Straw Hat from H&M
3) Jessia Alba looked very stylish teaming a light chiffon scarf with her summery outfit – the perfect accessory for those breezy summer days. You can make the look more summer-friendly with this Pebble-patterned Scarf from Monsoon.
4) Sunnies! Join me and take a look at Steve Madden for a pair of these b-e-a-utiful gradient lenses. See my buy Here.
5) I fell deeply in love with this Starfish Ring from H&M. It’s just perfect for a little special touch down the beach.
6) The maxi is a must-have for any summer. Especially now, with the number of pattern-based styles and trends – you could pull off any with one this one item! This Maxi Dress from River Island just screams sun, sea and sand.
7) No summer wardrobe is complete without the floral summer dress. It’s so flexible – go down the rock ‘n roll root with a ripped denim jacket and military boots, or dress it up with gladiator sandals and a cute cardi. This Dress from Oasis is very feminine and will catch any eye 😉
8) 9) The beach bag is a must with all these essentials; and we say, the bigger the better! Colour Contrast Bag from AX Paris, and Tote Beach Bag from Anya Hindmarch.
10) Showing off that beach body can be daunting for some, and a sarong can be the perfect cover up, or can just be worn as for added elegance; Yasmeena Sarong from Monsoon.
11) Pastel shorts are hitting the shop windows at the moment, and look very chic. Get four pastels in one with these Candy Striped Shorts from New Look.
12) 13) What’s summer without a few beach trips here and there? These two beach towels, Sunset Clarissa Hulse Towel and Linea Flip Flop Towel, are oh so cute!
14) This Sun Charm Bracelet from Astley Clarke is the perfect little accessory. It’s dainty, cute and radiates that laid back feel of summer (hopefully the charm will work its magic and bring the sun back out – fingers crossed!)
15) Accessories can make or break an outfit, and this elegant Cuff from Coast will definitely make – especially teamed with the must-have floral summer dress for an optimistic look.
16) I instantly fell head over heels for this Trollbead design. It is the perfect reflection of summer, with its harmonized mixture of deep blues, turquoise, sea-greens and cream.
17) Nothing welcomes the summer weather more than the much-loved wedge! The featured are a beautiful pair from Top Shop.
Let’s all keep our finger crossed for some nicer weather over in little ol’ England – I can hear the rain now! :S
© 2011-2012 Paint It Lace All Rights Reserved