At the age of sixteen Lesley Hornby became the first ever internationally known supermodel; of course, we know her as Twiggy Lawson. In the mid sixties Twiggy’s signature thin frame, gigantic, painted eyes and pouted lips dominated fashion magazines and became an icon of mod fashion; even today, she is still classed as the face of the sixties.
Recreate the look:
- To begin apply concealer and powder where needed to create a pale, flawless canvas. Tip: Lightly brush some powder underneath your eyes as this will make it easier to brush away any stray eyeshadow.
- Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil or a powder. This should preferably be two or three shades light than your brow. Try to keep within the brows themselves; if needed you can go below the brow but not above.
- Apply a highlight colour of eyeshadow just underneath your eyebrows. This will enlarge the eye area, adding volume and add to the desired effect. You can also lightly brush a pearly white or light neutral shade of shadow over your eyelid to reduce darkness. Also highlight the inside corner of each eye with a white powder to enhance and enlarge the eyes.
- With a pointed sponge applicator, or small eyeliner, apply a dark brown or black shadow just above the natural crease of your eyes. Tip: powder works best. Be sure to smudge the line so it is not solid.
- This is the tricky part; to create Twiggy’s signature spidery eyes you will need a trusted liquid eyeliner. Tip: You may want a damp Q-tip at hand to quickly erase any mistakes.
- Start at the outer edge of your eye and gradually thin the line out as you come to the corner of your eye. Make sure to keep as close to your lash line as possible. Extend the eyeliner out on both sides to form ‘wings’ that should meet the eyeshadow crease line.
- For the lashes, you can either apply a set of false lashes, or brush on coat after coat of a good lengthening mascara. Tip: Try blinking on a tissue between coats to avoid clumping. The false lashes should be long and thick, and follow the information on the back of the packet to apply them correctly depending on what brand. Tip: Tweezers can help to hold the lashes in place or press them to your eye to avoid a mess with the glue. Make sure to place them as close as you can to your natural lash line.
- Twiggy paints on her lower lashes to exaggerate and dramatize her eyes. To create the authentic look you should paint them on with liquid eyeliner. You can use false eyelashes or mascara instead if you would like a more subtle look. Start from the outer edge, evenly spacing about eight dots close to your eye (the first should be underneath the ‘wing’ at your outer edge). Using the dots as your guide, start each line from these points, making it thicker at the top and thinning out at the end. A thin pointed liner will work best.
- For the finishing touches you can brush on a light coat of mascara to blend in your natural lashes with the false ones if needed. A light peach coloured blusher, and a pearl pale shade can be applied to your lips.
Share your looks!!
1988, 2012 trend, bank fashion, boohoo, brief, chic wish, deluxe, endless, H&M, hot pants, knicker, Miss Selfridge, net-a-porter, New Look, pull&bear, Republic, Rihanna, River Island, sheinside, short, short shorts, Soul Cal, spikes, Top Shop, wet seal
Let’s keep it brief; this is literally the way we’re wearing shorts this season. The hot pant is back, and now it’s shorter than ever!
Here’s a few outfits I’ve put together to help you pull off this trend;
Our hot pant inspiration: RiRi
Photos from: denimology, stylebistro and igossip
© 2012 Paint It Lace All Rights Reserved
best dressed, Ed Sheeran, Festival Guide, Festival Season, Festival Wardrobe, girl's guide, keith lemon, Kelly Brook, noal gallagher, olly murs, one direction, rita ora, rizzle kicks, Survival Guide, tulisa, v festival
So, V Festival kicked off Saturday with performances from Rizzle Kicks, Labrinth, Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora, Tulisa, Noal Gallagher and many, many more. Despite the heavy showers the par-tay continued, and watching it on the television looked like a good ‘un! The Festival had appearances from One Directions heart-throbs, Keith Lemon and Kelly Brook.
I’ll be bringing you the best and worst dressed from the festival very soon! If you have any nominees just drop me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you’re all having a great summer! Hannah-Mae ox
Picture from: bbc.co.uk
1928, 4th july, Alexander McQueen, america, american, bank fashion, blue, boohoo, celebrate, celebration, debenhams, denim, far fetch, fourth july, happy, Henry Holland, independence, New Look, party, quiz, Red, Republic, Soul Cal, stars, stars and stripes, steve madden, stripes, Summer, Summer Trend, Topshop, truffle, us, usa, vintage, white
Inspiring your celebration:
1) Denim vest from Topshop 2) Truffle ankle boots from Debenhams 3) Pendant from 1928 4) Flag leggings from New Look 5) Tee from Bank Fashion 6) Bag from Steve Madden 7) Print top from Quiz 8) Platform boots from Boohoo 9) Soul cal dungarees from Republic 10) Grey zip leggings from New Look 11) Flag hotpants from New Look 12) Pumps from Far Fetch 13) Henry Holland tights from Topshop 14) Vintage scarf from Boohoo
Happy 4th of July!
bodycon, charlotte russe, Daisy Lowe, denim jacket, dorothy perkins, Dress, highstreet, hourglass, john lewis, lace, Matthew Williamson, need supply, preppy princess, Republic, skater, street style, Summer, summer dress, sun, superdry, Topshop, Vera Wang
The summer dress; trusted and relied on by generations, for when the sun comes out to play. Accompanied by a silk scarf, a straw hat, a cardigan or jacket, pretty pumps or even biker boots like Daisy, this simple creation can go a long way. It’s the perfect and trusted creation that hangs loyally in every woman’s wardrobe. Plus, it comes in all shapes to suit any body frame; from a skater a-line dress for the pears, to a bodycon for the hourglass.
Here’s my little example of the summer dress for your inspiration:
Recreate my look
Lace dress from Dorothy Perkins, denim jacket from Topshop, silk rose hair comb from Matthew Williamson, feather necklace from Need Supply, flower earrings from Charlotte Russe, and to add to the effect Preppy Princess, fragrance from Vera Wang.
A few examples from the high street;
If you have an original idea of how to style the summer dress, then send in a picture and you could feature in one of our street style posts!
© 2012 Paint It Lace All Rights Reserved
£25 – riverisland.com
$448 – shirise.com
$27 – dorothyperkins.com
$400 – marni.com
$9.50 – bathandbodyworks.com
2012, angel, armani code sport, blue, daisy eau so fresh, Elie Saab, fifi awards, Fragrance, giorgio armani, gucci guilty pour homme, Justin Bieber, kanye west, Kim Kardashian, Marc Jacobs, Perfume, someday, thierry mugler
Last night was the FiFi Awards of 2012, where famous faces from Kim Kardashian and Kanye West; to good ol’ Blue made an appearance at the annual ceremony. Asking around I was suprised to hear that not many people knew of this award ceremony, but believe me when I tell you that they’re a BIG deal in the fragrance industry, being called the ‘Oscars’ of the business.
And the winner’s are:
Best New Celebrity Perfume: Justin Bieber Someday
People’s Choice Award for Women: Daisy Eau so Fresh – Marc Jacobs
People’s Choice Award for Men: Armani Code Sport – Giorgio Armani
Best New Fragrance for Women Winner: Elie Saab – Elie Saab
Best New Fragrance for Men Winner: Gucci Guilty Pour Homme – Gucci
Hall of Fame 2012 Winner: Angel – Thierry Mugler
Photographs from: omfragrances.com, thejustinbiebershrine.com, lgn-events.blogspot.com, basenotes.net, juliasbeautyblog.com, blossomid.blogspot.com
Kim showed off her to-die-for curves in a gorgeous navy blue column gown on the red carpet. Photograph from: beautyisdiverse.com